Bachelor of Arts, Computer Science and Japanese from Vassar College (May 2015)
Japan Study (through Earlham College) at Waseda University (Tokyo, Japan) (September 2013-July 2014)
Content Developer (July 2015-Present)
Microsoft (Redmond, WA)
Write and edit documentation for Windows APIs and services, specifically those pertaining to gaming. This includes documentation on publishing through the Xbox Developer Portal and the Windows Developer Center, game development on the Universal Windows Platform, and designing apps for Xbox.
Game Designer (2008-Present)
Designs and develops games independently for the PC.
Research Assistant/Office Assistant (September 2011-May 2015)
Vassar College Computer Science Department (124 Raymond Avenue, Poughkeepsie, NY 12604)
Co-referenced and tagged XML documents with Professor Nancy Ide for a research project for the American National Corpus (ANC). The project aims to create a program that can take a body of text and identify the different parts of speech, such as NounChunks, Pronouns, People, etc., and how they are related.
Blogger (November 2012-Present)
Vassar College Miscellany News Blog
Reviews video games, writes opinions about the gaming industry, and posts independently created games, as well as videos and articles about games. Also blogged about year studying abroad in Japan.
Tutor (November 2013 – June 2014)
Taught English to Japanese children aged 6-7.
- English (native)
- Japanese (intermediate conversational level)
- Proficient in: Game Maker Language (GML), Java
- Game Maker
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, Excel, Outlook)
- Computer Science I, II, III
- Parallel Programming
- Declarative Programming Models
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Foundations in Computer Science
- Computer Organization
- Language Theory and Automata
- Operating Systems
- Game Design and Development
- Computer Animation
- Approaches to Media Studies
- Digital Arts/E-Poetries
- Quidditch Team
- Niji no Kai (biggest international club at Waseda University)
- Barefoot Monkeys (circus troupe at Vassar College)
- VC++ (student app development group)
- JASSO Scholarship: Monthly stipend awarded by Japanese government to study abroad in Tokyo, Japan
- Honors in Japanese